Wednesday 26 October 2011

Where do all the obsolete PC's go to? Are they being thrown away in sanitary deposits?

Technology is changing so fast that companies and indiividuals are getting rid of their %26quot;old%26quot; PC's. So what is happenig to all these personal computers? Is someone destroying them? Are they being disassembled? Are they being sent to third world countries? Are the PC's being ovehauled or recycled? I really wonder what is happening to these pieces of junk!
Where do all the obsolete PC's go to? Are they being thrown away in sanitary deposits?
Where I live there is a foundation that takes donated old computers and gets them up to par..then they give them out free to children here in the school systems..It's called No Child Left Out or something like that and their basis is that every child can benefit from having a computer in their home..Pretty neat idea. :)



When I get a new one, I know I will be donating mine.
Where do all the obsolete PC's go to? Are they being thrown away in sanitary deposits?
i might give mine to the orphanage.........or some poor ppl...
A lot wind up in landfills but now there are centers opening that take them apart and salvage the components. There is one in Chattanooga that hires handicapped workers.
They are being sent to a secret government facility in Tazmania. A super computer is being built from the rubbish. I shall call it %26quot;Hal 2008%26quot;.
I'm gonna donate mine pretty soon to my underpriviliged little brothers. My tightwad stepdad still has them using a Gateway Performance 750 from '99 running Windows 98SE. I've upgraded the RAM and upgraded to Windows XP, but some hardware was incompatible. Since my dad thinks the internet is evil, I signed them up for two free Juno and NetZero accounts. So they get 20 free hours of extremely slow dial up service per month.



I'll give them my old upgraded (and overclocked) Pavilion A320N. Should make them happy.



Also, some old PCs are converted into servers.