Wednesday 26 October 2011

Going into university, I would like to know what career fields have most potencial in the next 5 to 10 years?

I am going into university from high school soon, and I am thinking of what field I should go into. I am strong in physics, math, chemistry, and information technology.



My teachers had said that the world had changed over the past decade, many jobs and careers that existed are gone, and many new careers are introduced because of many new technologies. (Take computer programmers and webpage designers for example)



Some people say that the field of economics has potential in the future. Maybe a career in electrical engineering, or something in buisness. What courses should i take if i want to be self-employed.



So confused... any advice?
Going into university, I would like to know what career fields have most potencial in the next 5 to 10 years?
Choose something you love doing and the money will follow. Talk to parents and your school counselor let them advise you on a career. When you choose a major in college, most have a class that will give you what the average person makes in the field, what availability of jobs there are, what to expect. Then you will know what field to take. That's actually how I decided teaching wasn't for me. (Where I live a teacher makes minimum wage when they start out. Hopefully that's not still the case).Maybe attend some job fairs. If you want to be self employed I advise reading books like Rich Dad Poor Dad, books on how others made it, etc.
Going into university, I would like to know what career fields have most potencial in the next 5 to 10 years?
democracy studies for sure; in the next five to ten years america will have bombed the whole world into submission and all the survivors will be crying out for democracy
Medical, Medical, Medical!!!! People will never stop getting sick.. My friend is a doctor and he makes over 1 mill for his group practice. And he can never see enough patients in one day. But their is so many different fields in the medical profession that you could possiblly be self employed. Transcriptionist, Nurse in a private practice would be my ideal job. Good luck! and congratulations for getting into your university!