Wednesday 26 October 2011

Modern Technology depressions me?

So i am 13 and i don`t believe that i grew up in a world that has such develop Technology because whatever time period it is currently will always be labeled as %26quot;the most develop time period%26quot; since humans are constaly making changes to technology. However I see technology today and it makes me sad because its suppose to make your life easier and instead it just gets more complex, i don't know complex in a good or bad way but complex. And when i see technology used decades ago i see how harder it was to clean clothes or to dry them or just to listen to radio and find a good song and etc etc but their lives seemed so simple. I feel as if i can`t appreciate life now if haven't lived life 60 through the 20th century. And that's my dream, to live through the past but obviously time machines don`t exist (yet!). I want to live life through the fullest right now because i am young now and should enjoy it but how can i if i feel i don`t even belong?
Modern Technology depressions me?
It's not so much the technology that makes you feel like you don't belong in this time, it's the culture of our times that abuses technology. So much of our technology is used to mindlessly entertain us and keep us distracted and disconnected. At 13 life is confusing enough without having all this tech shoved down your throat. You're still very young and trying to find where you belong, hell, I'm 21 and I'm still trying to find that one out.



The old days seem simple but are elusive so we must try to build ourselves to a point where we can live with as much connection to technology as we desire. One day I hope to be able to not have to depend on modern tech for anything. Grow my own food, build my own house from the earth, and create my own music/entertainment without the electronics.
Modern Technology depressions me?
that would explain why the technology known as 'spell check' eludes you
You sound insightful for your age. Sometimes I feel the same about technology, but even people in the past used to say modern technology depressed them.