Wednesday 26 October 2011

Do you think the world in general has went downhill since older times?

This is especially for people who've been around to see the change. I'm young, and it seems that time has brought on some unpleasant change, but I haven't been around to actually watch it happen. Has technology become more of a burden than an aid? Are the ways we do things now better or worse than how they were done in the past? This is a very general question about society. Answer as you interpret it.
Do you think the world in general has went downhill since older times?
I believe so, however I have not been around to view the said changes. Personally I think todays dependence on technology is disgusting, I hate the fact that I feel lost without a computer, or that no one writes a letter anymore. Everyone has become a lot more self obsessed over the past few decades. There is no longer a help the community sort of feel, it's every man for himself and no one could care less if joe blow across the street is suffering.



I don't think that todays society really has a purpose, we're not fighting forwomen's rights, combating racism, or trying to stop the war..We're just going through the motions of everyday life for no reason what so ever.



Makes me think of the song %26quot;I wish i were a punk rocker%26quot;.

'Not everybody drove a car,

When music really mattered and when radio was king,

When accountants didn't have control

And the media couldn't buy your soul

And computers were still scary and we didn't know everything



When record shops were still on top

And vinyl was all that they stocked

And the super info highway was still drifting out in space

Kids were wearing hand me downs,

And playing games meant kick around



I was born too late to a world that doesn't care

Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair'
Do you think the world in general has went downhill since older times?
Not a bit.
You're not actually serious, are you?



EDIT: More tolerance towards minority groups, a much higher life-expectancy, better health care, underprivileged groups (the poor, the old, etc) are cared for a lot better than previously.



If by %26quot;older times%26quot; you mean a century or more ago, than you really, really, really can not be serious. People nowadays are not nearly as violent, oppressed by stronger groups or oppressive towards weaker groups as they were a century or more ago.



I'll just assume that you made this as a joke.
Not at all
As a youth we seemed to have respect for other ppl that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I'm a school bus driver and also use to ride as a child.
Do I think the world has GONE downhill? Yes, especially because nobody knows how to use proper grammar anymore.
Technology has become better but people are less social to their neighbours these days as they have cellphones and the internet.



So in some ways things are better but in other ways they are not.



Myself I would prefer to live in the older times but if I could go back then I would like to take the medical know-how and technology back with me in case I got sick or needed to be treated for an ailment or something.
Hell nooo. I wouldn't wanna be a susie home-maker, pushing out babies and boosting my cheating husbands confidence constantly. How can you actually consider technology a burden, look at all the medical technology that saves lives EVERYDAY! Life is better, easy as that.



Answer mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
%26quot; This is especially for people who've been around to see the change %26quot;



Yes, absolutely . . .