Saturday 4 June 2011

In a rapidly changing world: customer expectations, innovative technology, environmental and social aspects of

in a rapidly changing world: customer expectations, innovative technology, environmental and social aspects of life are all impacted. Change is everywhere!





What does change = to you?





In answering please consider the following:





How do you feel about change?


How have you changed your world?


How have you changed personally?





How you react to and handle change?|||I have a love-hate relationship with change. I love the anticipation %26amp; excitement and I hate the uncertainty.





I change the world I live in by being an active, passionate, engaged participant. I don%26#039;t live on the sidelines and watch the world go by! I jump in and make a difference (at work, at home, right now by answering this question...in a million small ways every day). In the act of doing all this--I change too. A week ago I had never participated in any online community...now I can%26#039;t stop answering questions or posting them :-) A year ago I had never heard of an IPOD (yes thats how out of it I can be!) and now it travels with me everywhere. One is an example of how the changing world is encouraging me to reach out and communicate with total strangers in cyberspace and the other is an example of how the changing world is making me more isolated from interactions with others in the real world (as I listen to my own private music instead of talking to those around me on planes and trains!).